How to Operate Your Chronograph Watch
One of the most unique timepieces you can find on the market today is the Chronograph. Aside from its awesome design and sleek look, Chronos also have a built in stopwatch feature and most also have a day/date reading.
In this blog, we'll walk you through how to operate these features on your new Chronograph piece.
How to Set the Time
1. Pull the middle crown outwards. There are 2 subtle clicks available - pull it all the way out to the second click.
(Note that it helps if the seconds hand is at the 12 o' clock position to get the precise time.)
2. Once pulled out, twist the crown until you set it to the correct time.
(Keep in mind AM / PM timing as this might effect the date reading)
3. Once you have it at your desired time, press the middle crown back to its original position.
How to Set the Date
As stated before, there are 2 clicks available to pull the middle crown out. It is honestly a bit difficult to get it securely on the 1st click, but no worries - you will still be able to set the date even if you can't position it on the 1st click.
1. Pull the middle crown outwards and fix it on the first click.
2. Turn the crown counterclockwise to set the date. Rotating the crown clockwise will not adjust the date.
(Try to avoid setting the date between 9:00 PM and 1:00 AM as this may effect the Chronograph's ability to keep the date accurately)
3. Once you have the date correct, press the crown back down to its original position
4. If you're unable to position the crown on the 1st click, no worries. Pull the crown out to the 2nd click and rotate it counterclockwise until you reach the correct date.
How to Operate the Stopwatch
Operating the stopwatch feature on the chronograph is pretty straightforward and it functions like your typical analog stopwatch.
1. To start the stopwatch, press the top button above the middle crown.
2. To stop it, press the button again.
3. To get splits while the stopwatch is running, press the bottom button below the crown. The stopwatch will continue to operate in the background.
4. To continue timing, press the bottom button again and the Chronograph should 'catch up' to the stopwatch time
5. To reset the stopwatch back to zero, press the top button once then press the bottom button. All 3 hands will return back to their original positions.
Hopefully that cleared up any questions you had about how to operate your Chronograph watch. If you have any further questions, we'd love to answer them! Shoot us an email any time at email@example.com